Contract: 12-month fixed term contract for maternity cover (part time considered)
Reporting to: Investment Manager
This is an excellent opportunity to play a key role in the ambition of Resonance to strengthen social enterprises and shape the eco-system which enables social investment to thrive. Resonance is a leading Social Impact Investment Company and this Senior Investment Analyst, based in Manchester, will contribute to its growing prominence in the sector.
The Role of Senior Investment Analyst within the North West SITR Fund
To support Resonance’s Investment team with a focus on their North West SITR (social investment tax relief) Fund. The ultimate goal of this Fund is to dismantle poverty and disadvantage in the North West region by providing affordable investments to social enterprises so they can grow their business and scale up their impact.
Support the deployment and operation of the Fund. Responsible for coordinating and contracting with new business opportunities and ensuring projects are delivered to a high standard.
- Sourcing social enterprise investment opportunities
- Assisting social enterprises with understanding SITR, the loans we can offer and how we work
- Supporting social enterprises who are considering social impact investment to fund their growth
- Managing ongoing relationships with both current and potential investees
- Carry out due diligence and financial analysis to support our investment papers
- Preparing investment papers and presenting recommendations to the Investment Committee
- Supporting investees to meet their loan conditions
- Executing deals from the Fund
- Monitoring investments made
- Helping to build the Resonance network in the North West
- Actively sharing the learning from projects across the Resonance team
- Representing Resonance at events and other profile-raising activities
- Developing relationships with investors and other partners
- Assisting with reporting to Resonance’s leadership team and board of directors
- Deputising for other team members
The ideal candidate will have relevant experience to be able to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
This person will be:
- A team player; working with people in and outside of the organisation to get the job done
- Resilient; capable of maintaining motivation and focus despite setbacks
- Strong on execution; able to bring together and orchestrate numerous moving pieces and drive things forward in order to get the project delivered
- Financially literate but socially motivated; not “in it for themselves” but still highly skilled in shaping commercial solutions to best fit the social goals of client enterprises
- Empathetic in seeing the other side of the story and yet also holding people to account
Essential experience and skills:
- Desire to help address social issues through impact investment
- Fully subscribes to Resonance’s vision, mission and values
- Ability to understand, interpret and advise on business and impact strategy within the context of a values-led enterprise
- Commercial acumen and ability to creatively identify and execute business opportunities
- Strong financial modelling skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Able to prioritise work towards clear goals and performance targets
- Able to work independently and demonstrate initiative and tenacity in seeing tasks or projects through to conclusion.
- Thorough and detailed approach to organising work and maintaining accurate records
- Highly professional and ethical approach in representing the company and marketing its products
- Willing to travel within the UK and work with colleagues in multiple locations using appropriate communications technology
- Enthusiasm to work in an entrepreneurial and innovative environment
- Educated to degree standard
- Other relevant professional qualification
- Knowledge of social enterprise sector
- Knowledge of social investment sector
- Knowledge of the North West region
- Experience in social investment either from the social enterprise perspective or from the investor side (if very hands on experience) including deal structuring, executing and ongoing management
- Experience of the development and implementation of social impact management frameworks
- Experience in the implementation of systems and performance measurement processes
- Strong project management skills
Important functional relationships – internal: Funds Team; Central Team (finance, people, compliance); Communications Team
Important functional relationships – external: Social Enterprise clients; Social Enterprise networks and support organisations; Investors; Financial Advisors and Wealth Managers, Resonance North West SITR Investment Committee.
Mandatory Questions for Candidates for Social Investment Analyst, Manchester
- Are you based in the North West?
- Do you have FCA approval or other Professional qualifications (please specify)?
- What has led you to apply for a social investment role specifically rather than a mainstream investment role?
- Have you worked with social enterprises or third sector organisations before? If so, please give a brief summary.
- Are you willing to travel across the UK?
- How would you rate your experience in using Microsoft Excel 1 – 4 (1 being basic and 4 advanced).
A world where…
- capital serves people and communities
- all are empowered to invest in enterprise for positive social impact
- resources are stewarded for future generations
- To connect capital to social enterprises
- To find creative solutions matching transformational enterprises with investors who share their values
- To shift market motivations, aligning commercial returns with social impact
- We are a bridge, not an institution
- We believe there is always a solution
- We build trusting and transparent relationships, one investment at a time
- When we strive for mutual profit, all of society benefits