Location: Manchester preferred (occasional working from home considered)
Contract: 12-month Fixed Term Contract
Salary: £40K to £50K (depending on experience & location)
Reporting to: Investment Director & Head of Property Funds
Resonance, a leading Social Impact Investment Company, is seeking a Property Fund Development Manager who has a deep understanding of the property investment market and is motivated by delivering social impact property investment funds to house a range of vulnerable people throughout the UK.
To support the property funds team in developing the organisation’s social impact property investment fund business by
(i) growing their existing funds
(ii) launching new funds that are currently under development
(iii) working up new fund ideas that may launch in the future
- Partner Development – ability to liaise and build relationships with numerous charities and social enterprises around the UK to understand (i) the nuances of the tenant group they are looking to support, (ii) partner property requirements in order to house the tenant group and (iii) the lease terms that work for both the partner and the investment fund which will ultimately allow investment to flow into the investment fund.
- Investor relations – ability to liaise and build relationships with both existing and new investors who are looking to invest into this space and therefore financial analysis and financial modelling is a prerequisite here as well as the ability to articulate an investment case to a potential investor.
- Sourcing strategy – ability to put in place and execute a strategy for sourcing properties required for their partners (eg acquisition and refurbishment, conversion, development, new build, acquisition of portfolios etc) that will be successfully approved by the Investment Committee.
- Research & feasibility study – ability to undertake research into a market and to deliver a feasibility study around whether a social impact investment fund could work for a particular tenant group and / or partner organisation(s).
- Legal Documentation – ability to interact with a law firm in order to discuss the optimum structure of a fund and ultimately to put together a suite of legal documents in relation to launching a new social impact property investment fund in partnership with their partner organisations.
- Project management – ability to manage multiple projects with multiple stakeholders showing tenacity and perseverance in seeing new funds successfully launch.
The Property Fund Development Manager will play an important role in the delivery of the company’s offer to strengthen social enterprises and shape the eco-system that enables social investment to thrive.
The ideal candidate will have relevant experience to be able to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
This person will be:
- A solutions finder; not giving up at the first barrier but able to think creatively to identify and implement investment opportunities even if this requires modifications to the initial proposal.
- A team player; working with people in and outside of the organisation to get the job done.
- Resilient; capable of maintaining motivation and focus despite set backs.
- Strategic with attention to detail; capable of seeing and communicating the big picture and translate that into specific actions.
- Strong on execution; able to bring together and orchestrate numerous moving pieces and drive things forward in order to get the deal done.
- Financially literate but socially motivated; not “in it for themselves” but still highly skilled in shaping commercial solutions to best fit the social goals of client enterprises.
- Empathetic in seeing the other side of the story and yet also holding people to account.
Essential experience and skills:
- Fully subscribes to Resonance’s vision, mission and values.
- Experience in property development and investment.
- Ability to process and break down investment proposals, analyse risk and recommend decisions on investment suitability.
- Ability to understand, interpret and advise on business and financial strategy within the context of a values led enterprise.
- Commercial acumen and ability to creatively source investment opportunities suitable for funds’ criteria.
- Strong financial modelling skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong networking, interpersonal, and influencing skills.
- Experience in the implementation of systems and performance measurement processes.
- Knowledge and understanding of the FCA.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Able to prioritise work towards clear goals and performance targets.
- Able to work independently and demonstrate initiative and tenacity in seeing tasks or projects through to conclusion.
- Thorough and detailed approach to organising work and maintaining accurate records.
- Highly professional and ethical approach in representing the company and marketing its products.
- Willing to travel within the UK and work with colleagues in multiple locations using appropriate communications technology.
- Enthusiasm to work in an entrepreneurial and innovative environment.
- Educated to degree standard
- Other relevant professional qualification
- Knowledge of social enterprise sector
- Knowledge of social investment sector
- Experience in social investment either from the social enterprise perspective or from the investor side (if very hands on experience) including deal structuring, executing and ongoing management
- Experience of the development and implementation of social impact management frameworks
- Experience in the implementation of systems and performance measurement processes
- Strong project management skills
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, please send your CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com
|Important Functional Relationships
|CIO, Property Fund Development Manager, Deployment Manager, Portfolio Manager, Finance team, Communications team.|
|Important Functional Relationships
|Investors, Charities & Social Enterprises, Property Agents, Property Developers, Resonance Associates.|
A world where…
- capital serves people and communities
- all are empowered to invest in enterprise for positive social impact
- resources are stewarded for future generations
- To connect capital to social enterprises
- To find creative solutions matching transformational enterprises with investors who share their values
- To shift market motivations, aligning commercial returns with social impact
- We are a bridge, not an institution
- We believe there is always a solution
- We build trusting and transparent relationships, one investment at a time
- When we strive for mutual profit, all of society benefits