LinkedIn ad for Talent Acquisition Specialist
Reporting to: HR Business Partner
Salary: £33,250+ DOE
Contract: Full time but open to a 4-day week or flexibility in hours and working days
Closing date for applications: Sunday, 14th July
This is an excellent opportunity to build your career in talent acquisition and HR, working in a dynamic and growing social investment organisation. You will have the opportunity to lead on the full circle of recruitment across all Big Society Capital departments to shape and direct the way we build our teams, acquire talent and support the wider social sector.
Working closely with the HR Business Partner and our Executive Committee (ExCo) you will create a strong talent pipeline for BSC’s current and future hiring needs. You will help us build long term recruitment strategies that meet our commitment to diversity and inclusion, reflect our culture of openness and purpose and balance innovative recruitment and selection techniques with trusted relationships with external partners.
As part of the HR Team you will play a vital role in supporting the people element of our business strategy. You will help BSC manage talent to ensure we have the right people resources to grow our impact, effectiveness, sustainability, and reputation. You will be innovative in your approach to building our reputation as an employer of choice, showcasing our sector and developing strategic partnerships within the sector to help build and sustain a successful social investment market.
Key accountabilities & responsibilities:
Talent Management & Workforce Planning
- Work with the HR Business Partner and ExCo to determine staffing needs, define and prioritise role and resourcing requirements
- Research and implement new techniques to acquire talent for BSC. These may include secondments to and from BSC, job rotations, job shares, learning programmes and other external partnerships within the sector
- Provide market and industry information to inform our planning process, ensure we adhere to best practice and understand our target market
Recruitment & Selection
- Oversee our full cycle recruiting from initial job briefing to on boarding, working with the HR Assistant to plan and coordinate the process. ?
- Develop strong working relationships with internal stakeholders and pro-actively manage expectations. ?
- Work with managers to design job descriptions and interview questions that reflect each position’s requirements. Identify key assessment criteria that ensures an inclusive process and attracts a diverse range of candidates with the relevant competencies and who share our values. ?
- Use creative sourcing techniques to build an effective pipeline, which identifies and engages both active and passive candidates through a blend of recruitment methods, including social media, recruitment agencies and search firms, job boards, referrals and networking.
- Interview candidates alongside the appropriate Managers and teams, conduct telephone interviews and alongside the HR Assistant, plan and administer other forms of assessment such as presentations and case study exercises. ?
- Identify passive talent and build talent pools for current and future vacancies. ?
- Be responsible for external recruitment events to introduce potential applicants to the sector and attract talent to BSC. ?
- Assess candidate information using our Applicant Tracking System and use HR analytics to assess the effectiveness of our recruitment strategies. ?
- Be responsible for ensuring a positive experience for the candidates applying direct to BSC, via online channels and through agencies and guide candidates on their interview journey. ?
- Manage a range of recruitment channels including the careers page, LinkedIn, job boards, social media, internal networks and recruitment agencies and identify opportunities to further improve our employer brand and our reputation as an employer of choice. ?
- Work with the HR Business Partner to set, generate and report KPIs that will demonstrate the impact of our people strategies and help us identify risks.
Retain & Develop
- Be responsible for employee onboarding across BSC, coordinating HR, team and BSC inductions to ensure a consistent and well managed process that demonstrates professionalism, introduces people to our culture and ensures new hires have the necessary tools and resources to start their career with us.
- Work with Managers to ensure thorough and appropriate team and department inductions that are consistent and reflect our values.
- Manage any secondee programmes, learning programmes and potential job rotations, working with the HR Business Partner to ensure these programmes support our business needs, run efficiently and ensure a positive experience for programme participants.
- Work with the HR Business Partner and our Talent Development Specialist to plan learning and development for new joiners.
- Policy & Procedures
- Ensure any policies relating to recruitment and selection including our flexible working and job share policies adhere to best practice, are fit for purpose and fully support our drive for diversity and inclusion across BSC. ?
- Support our Talent Development Specialist in the delivery of Recruitment & Selection training and be the subject matter expert in related policies and procedures. ?
- Ensure our pre-employment checks are fit for purpose and meet the requirements of the FCA. Work with the HR Assistant to ensure an efficient and smooth process and consult with our Compliance Manager to ensure we meet the relevant regulatory requirements. ?
- Ensure our HR systems (CascadeGo, 7Geese, BrightHR) are updated with the appropriate employment information, data and policies and that any new joiner information relating to their role and salary are up to date for payroll purposes. ?
- Keep abreast of relevant recruitment legislation, considering its impact on BSCs recruitment strategy and suggest appropriate action. Keep managers informed of changes that may directly affect them or their teams. Ensure we work with the wider sector to share best practice, learn from each other and support sector wide initiatives. ?
- Participate in our Diversity and Inclusion forum working with BSC colleagues and external partners to ensure we adopt the charter. ?
- Working with the HR Assistant to manage and plan for all types of family leave ?
- Pro-actively manage the leaver process. ?
- Support wider HR and Core team on projects and initiatives. ?
- Work with the HR Business Partner to ensure our People Strategy continues to reflect the talent needs of BSC. ?
- Extensive experience in end-to-end recruitment with a proven track record of implementing creative solutions to the challenges of talent acquisition, managing several different roles at any one time and meeting tight deadlines ?
- Excellent research and sourcing skills and experience of using HR Analytics to improve processes ?
- Fluent in the use of recruitment and selection channels such as LinkedIn, CV databases, and adept at utilising a variety of marketing channels to advertise and source new talent?
- Some generalist HR experience?
- An interest in the work of impact investment, not for profit or charitable sectors?
- Experience in talent management and talent development across multiple discipline areas and levels including leadership positions?
- Experience of managing high volume recruitment campaigns would be an advantage
- A background in the social sector?
- Candidates who have previous experience of recruiting within a start-up, the social sector or financial services would be highly desirable?
- A mix of in-house and agency recruitment experience?
- Some experience of financial services regulatory compliance
Skills, abilities and attributes ?
- Highly developed interview skills with an ability to screen for key competencies and values?
- Fantastic interpersonal skills and a confident communicator ?
- An ability to manage several stakeholders with competing demands?
- A willingness to learn and solve problems and work proactively with minimal supervision
- Co-ordination, planning and organisation skills with the ability to prioritise tasks and adapt to new and changing priorities
- Excellent attention to detail, time management and organisational skills ?
- CIPD qualified to level 5 would be an advantage but is not essential to the role ?